Best of Mobile Messaging apps of 2019
Now is the era to say goodbye to the email world and hello to messaging and video calls. Smartphone messaging apps are very popular than ever since they improve security, complement social networking features and strive to meet the demand for free mobile texting services and calling.
Our smartphones enable us to be in instant and constant touch with our friends, family and work colleagues. Messaging apps nowadays offering rich services like all types of interactions with others, to voice and video calling, from free text messaging, to photo and file sharing, etc. There are a lot of different options available in the market, so here is the list of best messaging and video calling apps which you will find on both iOS and Android.
- Facebook Messenger – It is a messaging and video calling app. It was originally a Facebook Chat app in 2008 and subsequently released separate Android and iOS apps in August 2011. This app allows users to send messages and exchange video, tickers, photos, audio, and files, as well as interact with bots and react to other users’ messages. The app also offers audio and video calling.
- Google Hangouts – It is a messaging app sponsored by Google. It supports texts, phone and video calls between any other Hangouts app users, one-on-one chats, group chats for up to 150 folks. The app lets you share videos, photos, stickers, and emoji, your location with others directly from the app, suppress all notifications for any conversation, mark a favorite conversation and also allows to archive messages.
- WhatsApp – This is one of the most popular and handy messaging apps in the whole world and most importantly it’s free. This app allows you to chat, do video calls, voice calls and shares things like photos, your live location, documents, videos, audios and contacts, group chats, support Snapchat-like editing features and GIFs, etc. You can also put up a status on the app which will be live for 24 hours with control on your viewers. This app provides end-to-end encryption for your security and privacy though it is possessed by Facebook.
- WeChat – This app is most popular in China having more than 1 billion customers. It provides the typical messaging app services like video and voice calls, photo sharing, and location sharing to find your friend who is nearby, games, payments, etc. You can also share snapshots or moments of your day. It is accessible for Wear Apple Watch and OS too.
- Telegram – This is one of the famous messaging apps around with millions of active users. It works on all devices on desktop platforms and mobile. This app allows you to share files with unlimited size, store chat history on cloud and chats are secured with 2048-bit RSA encryption. It supports photo and video editing, stickers and GIFs and group chats of up to 100,000 people. It’s absolutely free and doesn’t contain ads. Telegram’s makers promise that it will always be free, not aiming to make revenue and will never sell data.
- VIBER – This app has more than 1 billion customers worldwide. Viber permits you to send emoticons and stickers, text messages, make voice and video calls and share photos and files, group chats, etc. There is a feature called Viber Out which allows you to make domestic and international calls at very low rates, whereas Viber to Viber calls is absolutely free.
- LINE – It’s a very popular app in Asia, with more than 600 million customers. This app provides you with all the typical features of any messaging app and timeline same as Facebook, where you add a post and your friends can comment on it. Free Line to Line voice/ video calls is offered. It offers a facility where you can follow brands and artists and it even lets you set up your albums and share with your friends. It has a big store of stickers which are famous in Asia.